What to Expect
Whether you have signed up for a Track Night, or you are just considering, it's never a bad idea to get the skinny on who needs to be where and when. There are exceptions to what is below, but in general, here is what you can expect from your track night and what Track Night will expect from you.
Each event will have its schedule included on its event page (the same page you'll go to register). You can also learn about any track-specific rules on the track page for that racetrack.
Here's a step-by-step walkthrough of what you can expect when you get to the track and check-in.
- Hand Sanitizer - We will have hand sanitizer at the check-in area. Before you touch anything, please use it.
- Sign the Waiver - You'll need to sign our printed waiver, and for this, we highly recommend that you bring your own pen.
- Show your Drivers License - We just need to do a visual check of this as we check you into the system.
- Pick up your packet - Inside you'll find helpful info about the event and our partners as well as a copy of our tech sheet if you haven't already printed one out and completed it. Your group wristband will also be inside. Make sure to take it out and put it on your left wrist.
- Helmet Check - If your helmet doesn't already have a Track Night 2021 helmet sticker, we'll need to visually check its safety certification rating, so bring it with you to check-in. Here is a list of all of our approved helmet certifications. The certification sticker may be tricky to find under the padding inside your helmet, so it's a good idea to find it before you get to the event so it's easy to show it to us. Pro-Tip: In many helmets, the sticker can be found under the flap of padding that usually sits above and behind your right ear.
- Tech - We will be collecting tech sheets on-site, and your check-in process will be much faster if you have already printed your tech sheet, which you can find here, and filled it out before the event. Make sure that you've completed the form and signed it before you hand it in. You'll receive a tech sticker to be placed on the upper right hand corner of your windshield.
- All Done - Once you've got your wristband, helmet sticker, and tech sticker, you should be all set!
What to Expect Next
Track Tour Laps: If you signed up for Track Tour Laps they will take place at roughly in the middle of the event. Check the event schedule on the event page
KONI Novice Experience: If this is your first track event, or if you want a little extra guidance, fear not, we have you taken care of. The KONI Novice Experience begins when the gates open. You will be directed to the Novice Paddock where you will be greeted by the Novice Coach. Try to arrive as early as you can to allow plenty of time to unload and inspect your car before the first Novice briefing. After a quick run-through of dos and don’ts, it's on to the session of novice paced laps. From there, your Novice Coach will facilitate the experience and make sure you have everything you need to have a safe and fun evening at the track. Expect 3 un-paced sessions, a few debriefs
Advanced and Intermediate: For those who signed up in the Advanced and Intermediate Groups, everything has been streamlined for your Track Night experience. Before coming to the track, you can (and should) do your Online Driver’s Meeting. You can also download your Tech Sheet, though we will provide you with one at the event (just in case your printer is out of ink, your dog was hungry, or your kid decided to color yours). There is a short
Run/Work: If you signed up for Run/Work, you can expect to spend a couple of hours flagging, helping in
Volunteer: Don’t want to run, but still willing to help out? Man, do we love you! Same expectations as Run/Work, without the pesky running part. Please be at the track in time for the worker meeting listed on the event schedule unless specifically contacted and asked otherwise. We can almost always use help with check-in, paddock management, or on grid, and at some of our events, you may be able to help flag. Reach out to Jack@TrackNightinAmerica.com if you want to learn more about specific volunteer opportunities at each event.
BUT WHAT IF I AM GOING TO BE LATE!?!
We understand that life does happen and we will do our best to work with you. If you have the opportunity to let us know in advance, email Jack Track (email@example.com). When you arrive