Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack Vehicle Eligibility Rules
Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack allows the following:
- Road-legal production vehicles
- Road-legal kit cars with license plates
- Vehicles must be wider than they are tall
- Convertibles must meet certain requirements
- Racecars, vehicles that have raced or have been constructed for racing are not allowed without a waiver
Exceptions and waivers:
- Vehicles that would be road legal but are not because they are missing certain equipment, such as headlights, may be given permission to participate in Track Night provided the vehicle would otherwise meet requirements.
- No vehicle will ever be excluded from Track Night due to
of safety equipment alone. installation
- Kit cars without a license plate that
arean example of an equivalent vehicle that has been legally plated are allowed.
- A vehicle that has been retired from racing and is now a
street caror dedicated track car and would otherwise meet the requirements for Track Night may be granted a waiver.
- A racecar that would otherwise meet the requirements for Track Night may be granted a waiver only if it is being used to introduce a new participant to track driving (example- “I want to get my son/daughter/spouse/crew guy on track”). Drivers with racing licenses are strictly forbidden from operating racecars at Track Night for the purpose of testing/shaking down or other competition-related functions.
- Should a waiver vehicle have any mechanical issues during an event, that vehicle will not be allowed back on track.
If you still have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org