New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, NJ 08332
New Jersey Motorsports Park is a road course located in Millville, Cumberland County, New Jersey, United States. It is located on 500 acres immediately adjacent to the Millville Municipal Airport, a location that was dedicated in 1941 as America’s First Defense Airport, which played a key role in the country’s World War II military efforts. It has hosted races since opening in 2008 and currently boasts a schedule including MotoAmerica, ARCA Racing Series, American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association, and SCCA events.
NJMP also has a swimming pool on-site. All participants and their families are permitted access to the Clubhouse Pool. Call 856-327-8000 for more information.
Thunderbolt and Lightning Raceways
NJMP is one of only a handful of facilities in the world housing two circuits that can be operated simultaneously, and the Track Night in America schedule includes both. Check each event page to determine which course that night will be run on. The tracks both feature many elevation changes, along with lengthy front straightaways. One of the best known features is a stretch on Thunderbolt Raceway known as "the Jersey devil."
The Park offers open seating which allows spectators to venture throughout the grounds. Grandstands are available in several locations, in addition to camping areas and on-site hotel and condominium accommodations. The facility includes a full-service bar and restaurant, The Finish Line Pub, located at the center of the property.
- Tech Sheet: Track Night in America events at New Jersey Motorsports Park require a different tech sheet than other Track Night locations. You can find this tech sheet by clicking here.
- Convertibles: All non-racing convertible or open-top cars (except for touring laps behind a pace car) must be equipped with a proper fixed rollover protection bar, or bars as set forth in Chapter 62 of the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations. Factory installed self-deploying or “pop-up” bars or roll hoops are not compliant, and will not be allowed to participate. Furthermore, fixed roll bars or hoops must terminate above the head of any driver or passenger (pass the “broomstick test”). Convertibles with fabric tops must run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the down, or stowed position. Retractable hardtop cars with proper rollover protection installed may run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the up or down position. Removable hard tops are not considered rollover protection. NJMP may, at its discretion, deny any convertible or open-top car access to the race track for any reason. All participants in convertible vehicles must wear a full-faced helmet with the visor fully closed.
- Helmets: All helmets must be labeled Snell M or SA 2010 or newer. Drivers in convertibles must have a full-faced helmet and the visor must remain closed while on track.
- Passengers: Passengers are not permitted at New Jersey Motorsports Park Track Night events.
- Clothing: NJMP requires long pants for any hot session in accordance with NJ Chapter 62 Regulations. Short sleeve shirts are allowed (but not tank tops). Closed toed shoes are required at all times.
- Seatbelts: If using aftermarket harnesses, they must be current (SFI - 2 years or less, FIA - 5 years or less). No four-point harnesses are allowed. For cars which the NJ State Police classify as racecars, all "Chapter 62" requirements will be enforced. A "racecar" is open to State Police interpretation, so the more your car looks like a racecar and the less like a street car, the better the chances are you will be required to have the required racing harnesses and seats must be manufactured and designed to have 5-point harnesses. (E.g. a designed/manufactured set of holes for sub and shoulder straps.)
- Seatbelts, part 2: Track Night in America and NJ Law allows the use of DOT-approved 4-point harnesses, but NJMP strongly recommends against their use.
- Seats: If a vehicle has an aftermarket seat, it must be designed for racing harnesses and those harnesses must be in date and used. The use of a 3 or 4-point belt with an aftermarket seat is prohibited.
- Cameras: Any on-board camera must by tethered.
- Speed Limits: Speed limit in the paddock is 5 mph. Speed limit on access roads and pit lane is 20 mph. Do not test vehicles or bed brakes on infield roads.
- Asphalt: Do not pound stakes or make any holes in any asphalt surface. Do not paint any asphalt surface. Do not fuel cars on paved areas. If you must temporarily jack a vehicle on asphalt, you must have metal or wood under the jack and jack stands. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Alcohol: NJMP prohibits patrons to bring outside alcoholic beverages on property in accordance with ABC rules and regulations.
- Smoking: New Jersey State Law prohibits smoking in public buildings. Smoking is also not permitted in the hot pits, anywhere that fuel is being dispensed as well as in any facility building or garage.
A limited number of helmets are available for rent from the NJMP General Store. Please phone 856-327-7206 to secure one in your size. A rental fee of $25 will apply.