• Brian D.

Pitt Race 7/14

Hello!  I will be a Pitt Race 1st timer next Thursday 7/14.

I have an E46 M3 that I've had to Mid-Ohio for two of the BMW weekend events.  So I have a total of 12 track sessions there with an instructor in the car.

I've also done a HP driving school at Nelson Ledges.  3 sessions there as well, one with an instructor.  Not nearly as strict (or educational) as a Mid-Ohio event.

Based on this experience I regestired as an Intermediate.  It sounded like the Novices were doing alot of front and follow, which I think I'm well passed.  Does this sound right?  What is the general skill level out there?  Has anyone else done similar car club events for comparison?

Any thoughts in general for a Pitt Race first timer are greatly appreciated!

EDIT: My ride is stock on street tires

• Post to Thread
    • 99_ws6

Hello, I would recommend being in intermediate like you signed up for. Novice is really for anyone with little to no experience where they can take their time to learn the track and proper etiquette. Having a good amount of experience as you listed I would at least be in intermediate. At Pitt Race the advanced group tends to be very advanced and quick. You can do the paced laps to get a sense of the track layout as well. Or line up near the back of grid to take your time the first few laps.
      Josh