SUSPENDED - Track Night 2020: Carolina Motorsports Park - April 30
By now, you are well aware that complications from the COVID-19 virus are impacting events across the country, and that includes SCCA Track Night in America Events. The health and safety of our members, participants and staff remains our top priority and, as such, we have made the decision to suspend this Track Night at Carolina Motorsports Park scheduled for April 30th.
For the most up-to-date information on SCCA’s response to coronavirus, please watch for official announcements posted on scca.com.
Carolina Motorsports Park is a purpose-built 14-turn road racing facility located in Kershaw, S.C., about an hour south of Charlotte, NC and 45 minutes outside of Columbia, SC.
Developed by a group of enthusiasts and racers, the 2.3-Mile Carolina Motorsports Park was designed by Alan Wilson on the site of a World War II fighter-training base and opened in July 1999.
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $160
Join SCCA and Save! Members Pay: $150
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: FREE!
TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
- Speed limit in the paddock is 10 mph at all times.
- The lake is off limits to all activities.
- Decibel limit is 100db measured fifty feet from the track.
- No parking on the paddock roads. Paddock access roads are an emergency fire lane.
3:00PM - Gates Open
3:30PM - Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
3:45PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING
4:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps, MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP BRIEFING
4:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
4:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at Carolina Motorsports Park.