Track Night 2017: New Jersey - September 12
New Jersey Motorsports Park is a road course located in Millville, Cumberland County, New Jersey, United States. It is located on 500 acres immediately adjacent to the Millville Municipal Airport, a location that was dedicated in 1941 as America’s First Defense Airport, which played a key role in the country’s World War II military efforts. It has hosted races since opening in 2008 and currently boasts a schedule including MotoAmerica, ARCA Racing Series, American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association, and SCCA events.
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $150
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: $0
The September 12th Track Night event will be held on the Lightning course at NJMP.
Notice: New as of 7/31/2017
- Because of New Jersey Chapter 62 Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations, there will no longer be passengers allowed at NJMP Track Night events.
- Although Track Night has attempted to determine what a racecar is, New Jersey Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations are a little more open to interpretation and final say is up to the NJ State Police who are often on site. This means that drivers in a car which the NJ State Police determine is a "racecar" are required to have all approved driver safety gear including Seats, Helmets, Racing Harnesses, and Head and Neck Restraints. There is no black-and-white "this is a race car" description, so we offer this warning: the more your car looks like a racecar and the less it looks like a street car, the greater the chance you will be required to have all the NJ-required gear, or be stopped from participating.
TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
- Convertibles: All non-racing convertible or open-top cars, except for touring laps behind a pace car, must be equipped with a proper fixed rollover protection bar, or bars as set forth in Chapter 62 of the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations. Factory installed self-deploying or “pop-up” bars or roll hoops are not compliant, and will not be allowed to participate. Furthermore, fixed roll bars or hoops must terminate above the head of any driver or passenger (pass the “broomstick test”). Convertibles with fabric tops must run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the down, or stowed position. Retractable hardtop cars with proper rollover protection installed may run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the up or down position. Removable hard tops are not considered rollover protection. NJMP may, at its discretion, deny any convertible or open-top car access to the race track for any reason. All participants in convertible vehicles must wear a full-faced helmet with the visor fully closed.
- Helmets: All helmets must be labeled Snell M or SA 2010 or newer. Drivers in convertibles must have a full-faced helmet and the visor must remain closed while on track.
- Passengers: The track and the NJ State Police have interpreted the NJMP Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations to not allow passengers at New Jersey Motorsports Park Track Night events.
- Clothing: NJMP requires long pants for any hot session in accordance with NJ Chapter 62 Regulations. Short sleve shirts are allowed (but not tank tops). Closed toed shoes are required at all times. For cars which the NJ State Police classify as racecars, all "Chapter 62" requirements will be enforced. A "racecar" is open to State Police interpretation, so the more your car looks like a racecar and the less like a street car, the better the chances are you will be required to wear the required safety gear.
- Seatbelts: If using aftermarket harnesses, they must be current (SFI - 2 years or less, FIA - 5 years or less). No four-point harnesses are allowed. For cars which the NJ State Police classify as racecars, all "Chapter 62" requirements will be enforced. A "racecar" is open to State Police interpretation, so the more your car looks like a racecar and the less like a street car, the better the chances are you will be required to have the required racing harnesses and seats to match.
- Speed Limits: Speed limit in the paddock is 5 mph. Speed limit on access roads and pit lane is 20 mph. Do not test vehicles or bed brakes on infield roads.
- Asphalt: Do not pound stakes or make any holes in any asphalt surface. Do not paint any asphalt surface. Do not fuel cars on paved areas. If you must temporarily jack a vehicle on asphalt, you must have metal or wood under the jack and jack stands. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Alcohol: NJMP prohibits patrons to bring outside alcoholic beverages on property in accordance with ABC rules and regulations.
- Smoking: New Jersey State Law prohibits smoking in public buildings. Smoking is also not permitted in the hot pits, anywhere that fuel is being dispensed as well as in any facility building or garage.
2:30PM- Gates Open ***Note the early start time for this event***
3:00PM- Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
3:15PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING (Novice Paddock)
3:30PM - Koni Novice Group: Paced Laps, MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP BRIEFING
3:50PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
3:55PM - Koni Novice Group: Briefing 1 (Novice Paddock)
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.