Track Night 2023: VIRginia International Raceway AM - July 20
Recently chosen as one of Car and Driver Magazine’s top six road courses in the nation, VIRginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road course offering professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing, as well as a wide range of track events. Each year, VIR draws tens of thousands of spectators for some of the best road racing in the country. Its uphill Esses and sharp elevation changes not only make it a fan and driver favorite but have also established it as a prominent testing facility for the automotive industry.
TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
- SA2015 or SA2020 helmets are required for this event. No other helmets will be permitted.
- Drivers are not permitted to wear sleeveless shirts. Short sleeves or long sleeves are required.
- All convertible vehicles must be equipped with an appropriate roll bar for this event. Note from VIR: Many manufacturers’ roll hoops, roll bars designed for street use (non-racing), as well as roll bars that terminate below the top of the operator’s helmet, shall not be approved. Factory or aftermarket hardtops are not considered to be rollover protection.
- Like all Track Nights, this is an event for streetcars. If you have a waiver from Jack Track to bring a car that is not a streetcar or legally plated kit car, the track has additional safety requirements that the driver must wear a one-piece SFI or FIA-rated driver's suit with a minimum of two layers.
- Electric vehicles are not permitted in hot track sessions at this location.
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $240
Join SCCA and Save! Members Pay: $220
Track Tour Laps: FREE!
EVENT INFO & CHECK-IN
**All participants must be registered prior to 7:00 am on July 20th to be permitted to enter the facility without paying gate fees.**
**Note the schedule below is unique to this event.**
7:00AM - Gates Open
8:15AM - MANDATORY HAWK PERFORMANCE NOVICE MEETING
8:30AM - MANDATORY INTERMEDIATE GROUP and ADVANCED GROUP MEETING
8:30AM - Hawk Novice Group: Paced Laps
8:50AM - Advanced Group: Session 1
8:55AM - Hawk Novice Group: Briefing 1
9:10AM - Intermediate Group: Session 1
9:30AM - Hawk Novice Group: Session 1
9:50AM - Advanced Group: Session 2
9:55AM - Hawk Novice Group: Briefing 2
10:10AM - Intermediate Group: Session 2
10:30AM - Track Tour Laps (Open to All)
10:50AM - Hawk Novice Group: Session 2
11:10AM - Advanced Group: Session 3
11:15AM - Hawk Novice Group: Briefing 3
11:30AM - Intermediate Group: Session 3
11:50AM - Hawk Novice Group: Session 3
12:10PM - Track Close
7:00PM - Gates Close
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
ADDITIONAL TRACK INFORMATION
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at Virginia International Raceway.