It is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether to participate in this event. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please contact Jack Track regarding your entry and stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please contact Jack Track regarding your entry and stay home.
As CDC guidelines continue to evolve, please keep an eye on the SCCA COVID-19 Event Protocol Update page for the most up-to-date information. Please continue to bring a face covering to all events as we will continue to “look local” to make sure we meet all local COVID-19 protocol requirements.
New Jersey Motorsports Park is a road course located in Millville, Cumberland County, New Jersey, United States. It is located on 500 acres immediately adjacent to the Millville Municipal Airport, a location that was dedicated in 1941 as America’s First Defense Airport, which played a key role in the country’s World War II military efforts. It has hosted races since opening in 2008 and currently boasts a schedule including MotoAmerica, ARCA Racing Series, American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association, and SCCA events.
Advanced, Intermediate, and Novice groups: $185
Join SCCA and Save! Members Pay: $170
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: FREE!
This event will be held on the Thunderbolt course at NJMP.
- Tech: Track Night in America events at New Jersey Motorsports Park require a different tech sheet than other Track Night locations. You can find the correct tech sheet by clicking here. Please print out a tech sheet, fill it out and bring it to check-in with you, along with your helmet. You will not need to present your car to tech in the garages prior to going out on track. Instead, we'll be doing a tech check on grid before you go out for your first session.
- Convertibles: All non-racing convertible or open-top cars (except for touring laps behind a pace car) must be equipped with a proper fixed rollover protection bar, or bars as set forth in Chapter 62 of the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations. Factory installed self-deploying or “pop-up” bars or roll hoops are not compliant, and will not be allowed to participate. Furthermore, fixed roll bars or hoops must terminate above the head of any driver or passenger (pass the “broomstick test”). Convertibles with fabric tops must run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the down, or stowed position. Retractable hardtop cars with proper rollover protection installed may run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the up or down position. Removable hard tops are not considered rollover protection. NJMP may, at its discretion, deny any convertible or open-top car access to the race track for any reason. All participants in convertible vehicles must wear a full-faced helmet with the visor fully closed.
- Electric Vehicles: Battery powered electric vehicles (BEVs) are not permitted on the track.
- Large SUVs: Full size SUVs are not permitted on track in regular sessions. They are only allowed in paced sessions (Track Touring Laps).
- Helmets: All helmets must be Snell labeled SA2015, M2015, SA2020 or M2020, or FIA labeled 8859-15 or 8860-18. No other TNiA approved helmets are accepted at this location. Drivers in convertibles must have a full-faced helmet and the visor must remain closed while on track.
- Passengers: Passengers are not permitted at New Jersey Motorsports Park Track Night events.
- Clothing: NJMP requires long pants for any hot session in accordance with NJ Chapter 62 Regulations. Short sleeve shirts are allowed (but not tank tops). Closed toed shoes are required at all times.
- Seatbelts: If using aftermarket harnesses, they must be current (SFI - 2 years or less, FIA - 5 years or less). No four-point harnesses are allowed. For cars which the NJ State Police classify as racecars, all "Chapter 62" requirements will be enforced. A "racecar" is open to State Police interpretation, so the more your car looks like a racecar and the less like a street car, the better the chances are you will be required to have the required racing harnesses and seats must be manufactured and designed to have 5-point harnesses. (E.g. a designed/manufactured set of holes for sub and shoulder straps.)
- Seatbelts, part 2: Track Night in America and NJ Law allows the use of DOT-approved 4-point harnesses, but NJMP strongly recommends against their use.
- Seats: If a vehicle has an aftermarket seat, it must be designed for racing harnesses and those harnesses must be in date and used. The use of a 3 or 4-point belt with an aftermarket seat is prohibited.
- Cameras: Any on-board camera must by tethered.
- Speed Limits: Speed limit in the paddock is 5 mph. Speed limit on access roads and pit lane is 20 mph. Do not test vehicles or bed brakes on infield roads.
- Asphalt: Do not pound stakes or make any holes in any asphalt surface. Do not paint any asphalt surface. Do not fuel cars on paved areas. If you must temporarily jack a vehicle on asphalt, you must have metal or wood under the jack and jack stands. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Paddock Roads: The paddock roads at NJMP are considered "Fire Lanes" and must not be parked on. Vehicles parked in the fire lanes may be moved at the owners expense.
- Alcohol: NJMP prohibits patrons to bring outside alcoholic beverages on property in accordance with ABC rules and regulations.
- Smoking: New Jersey State Law prohibits smoking in public buildings. Smoking is also not permitted in the hot pits, anywhere that fuel is being dispensed as well as in any facility building or garage.
2:00PM - Gates Open
3:30PM- Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
3:45PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING
4:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps; MANDATORY INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED GROUP MEETING
4:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
4:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1
4:40PM - Intermediate Group: Session 1
5:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 1
5:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 2
5:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 2
5:40PM - Intermediate Group: Session 2
6:00PM - Track Tour Laps (Open to All)
6:20PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 2
6:40PM - Advanced Group: Session 3
6:45PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 3
7:00PM - Intermediate Group: Session 3
7:20PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 3
7:40PM - Track Close
9:00PM - Gates Close
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
Clarus Multimedia, our awesome New England Region (and beyond!) Track Night photographers, will be photographing this event and is now taking pre-orders for multi-event photo packages. These can be from all one track or for any of the following tracks: Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, Lime Rock Park, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Palmer Motorsports Park, Pocono Raceway, or New Jersey Motorsports Park!!
Packages start at 5 events and will get you 5 for the price of 4! With the larger packages saving you up to $175, that's enough to enter another Track Night event!! Information for the pre-orders can be found by clicking here. Clarus Multimedia is also offering additional payment options through PayPal (Pay Later and Pay in 4), so make sure you check them out!
If you're not interested in a multi-event package, no worries, Clarus Multimedia will still be capturing every car on track at each event. You will receive an email with a link from Jack Track when they are ready. Images will be organized by car to make it easy to find your images, from there you can order all the images, a few prints, or digitals as well! And of course, you'll still be able to get your one free download courtesy of Track Night and our friends at The Tire Rack.
ADDITIONAL TRACK INFORMATION
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.