Track Night 2019: VIRginia - July 25
Track Night is going to VIR for the first time ever in 2019!! Recently chosen as one of Car and Driver Magazine’s top six road courses in the nation, VIRginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road course offering professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing, as well as a wide range of track events. Each year, VIR draws tens of thousands of spectators for some of the best road racing in the country. Its uphill Esses and sharp elevation changes not only make it a fan and driver favorite but have also established it as a prominent testing facility for the automotive industry.
TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
- SA2010 or SA2015 helmets are required for this event. No other helmets will be permitted.
- Long pants are required for everyone on track.
- Drivers participating in race-prepared cars must wear a one-piece SFI or FIA-rated driver's suit with a minimum of two layers.
- All convertible vehicles must be equipped with an appropriate roll bar for this event.
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $220
Join SCCA and Save! Members Pay: $210
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: FREE!
3:00PM - Gates Open
3:30PM - Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
4:00PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING (Novice Paddock)
4:30PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps, MANDATORY ADVANCED
4:50PM - Intermediate Group: Session 1
4:55PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1 (Novice Paddock)
5:10PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 1
5:30PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
5:35PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 2
5:50PM - Intermediate Group: Session 2
6:10PM - Track Tour Laps (Open to All)
6:30PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 2
6:50PM - Advanced Group: Session 2
6:55PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 3
7:10PM - Intermediate Group: Session 3
7:30PM -KONI Novice Group: Session 3
7:50PM - Advanced Group: Session 3
8:10PM - Track Close
9:00PM - Gates Close
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at Virginia International Raceway.