Track Night 2018: New Jersey - May 22
New Jersey Motorsports Park is a road course located in Millville, Cumberland County, New Jersey, United States. It is located on 500 acres immediately adjacent to the Millville Municipal Airport, a location that was dedicated in 1941 as America’s First Defense Airport, which played a key role in the country’s World War II military efforts. It has hosted races since opening in 2008 and currently boasts a schedule including MotoAmerica, ARCA Racing Series, American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association, and SCCA events.
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $150
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: $0
The May 22nd Track Night event will be held on the Lightning course at NJMP.
TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
- Convertibles: All non-racing convertible or open-top cars, except for touring laps behind a pace car, must be equipped with a proper fixed rollover protection bar, or bars as set forth in Chapter 62 of the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations. Factory installed self-deploying or “pop-up” bars or roll hoops are not compliant, and will not be allowed to participate. Furthermore, fixed roll bars or hoops must terminate above the head of any driver or passenger (pass the “broomstick test”). Convertibles with fabric tops must run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the down, or stowed position. Retractable hardtop cars with proper rollover protection installed may run in driver education or lapping events with the top in the up or down position. Removable hard tops are not considered rollover protection. NJMP may, at its discretion, deny any convertible or open-top car access to the race track for any reason. All participants in convertible vehicles must wear a full-faced helmet with the visor fully closed.
- Helmets: All helmets must be labeled Snell M or SA 2005 or newer.
- Seatbelts: If using aftermarket harnesses, they must be current (SFI - 2 years or less, FIA - 5 years or less). No four-point harnesses are allowed.
- Speed Limits: Speed limit in the paddock is 5 mph. Speed limit on access roads and pit lane is 20 mph. Do not test vehicles or bed brakes on infield roads.
- Asphalt: Do not pound stakes or make any holes in any asphalt surface. Do not paint any asphalt surface. Do not fuel cars on paved areas. If you must temporarily jack a vehicle on asphalt, you must have metal or wood under the jack and jack stands. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Alcohol: NJMP prohibits patrons to bring outside alcoholic beverages on property in accordance with ABC rules and regulations.
- Smoking: New Jersey State Law prohibits smoking in public buildings. Smoking is also not permitted in the hot pits, anywhere that fuel is being dispensed as well as in any facility building or garage.
- Clothing: Closed-toe shoes, long pants and shirts with sleeves (short or long) must be worn while on track.
- Passengers: Passengers during Track Night "hot" Sessions may only be drivers registered and driving in the event, but also must be approved on a case-by-case basis by th Event Manager. Anyone who wants to ride with another driver must get permission and a special wristband to do so. Pace laps will still be open to anyone who has signed the event waiver.
NEW TECH PROCEDURE: Participants will continue to fill out the tech form, but then present it along with their car to New Jersey Motorsports Park officials for verification and sign off.
3:00PM- Gates Open
3:30PM- Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
3:45PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING (Novice Paddock)
4:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps, MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP BRIEFING
4:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
4:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1 (Novice Paddock)
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)
Click Here for more information about Track Night events at New Jersey Motorsports Park.